Thursday, July 17, 2014

but God....



abused repetitively as a child. rebellious and confused as a teen. left pregnant to raise a child, rejected and alone at 20. suicide attempts and cutting just to feel. i had no future. doctors said i was gonna die - twice. i was completely broken. numb. hateful. angry. lost.

but God, in His goodness and mercy, grabbed a hold of my heart and His love has changed me for life. His scandalous grace has transformed me into someone i never thought i would be and He continues to mold me into the woman He has designed me to be. He has given me abundant life and the life i live now is beyond what i ever dreamed or imagined.

my heart has experienced different seasons, some extremely painful, others full of joy. 

yet through all seasons, God has been so very faithful. He has healed me. He has set me free. He has given me a purpose and a destiny, not just for my own life, but for the lives of my children, my husband, my relatives, my friends and the people in my life that surround me.

Genesis 50:20 says "you intended to harm me, but GOD intended it for good, to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."

that's one of my favoritest scriptures everrrrr. 

coz that's how God works. 

He takes the ugly, the broken, the pain of your past. or even the messy of your now. 

He heals. restores. redeems. forgives. transforms. 

then gives His love. freedom. grace. peace. joy. provision. mercy. 

in abundance

and He does that because He wants to use your life, the good and the bad, the great and the ugly. He wants to lavish His love upon you so you can share Christ's love to others so they can be set free as well.

don't let your past define you. don't let your pain imprison you. 

choose Christ. choose life. choose to be free so God can use your life and your story for the good, to accomplish the saving of many lives.