Wednesday, July 17, 2013

i live for days like this.



We had such a fun family day today! Haven't been able to sit still much coz this past week was a BUSY week... So I'm glad we had a day to REST and just BE with family.

Got to sit and quiet my soul this morning while everyone was still asleep. Journaled and spent time reading the Word, praying and challenging myself to continue to dream even bigger dreams for God to accomplish in and through my life and my family's life. 


After spending time in the Word, we played "tourist" and went to the north shore to visit John's old stomping grounds. We ate garlic and butter shrimp at Macky's Shrimp Truck.


This shrimp plate lunch is to-die-for. The hubs like this place better than other shrimp trucks. I've only tried 3 other trucks and this is the one I like best too. Last time we were here was last September, so we were overdue for this cholesteroly goodness.


Then we went to the Dole Plantation. Karielle got to see where her dad grew up and where her grandma used to work (at the shops in Dole Plantation). It's was a hot day today so even if i was super-stuffed with buttered-garlick-shrimp, i STILL had to have a LiHing pineapple softserve. Talk about #fattystatus. Meanwhile, the son ran around the 2+ mile maze. That is why he is skinny and this is why I weigh the amount that I do.


All in all, it was a beautiful day! My tummy and my heart are full. And to top it all off, tonight, I meet with the ladies in our small group :)

REST. QUIET TIME. FAMILY. FRIENDS. DISCIPLESHIP. I live for days like this!