Monday, January 14, 2013

#oneword365 for 2013

last year's one word - NEWbrought so much to the table that i am at a loss for words to even begin to express how grateful and thankful i really am with what God has done in my life. last year, God has filled my cup with blessings beyond what i had imagined, prayed and even hoped for. after making a choice to live my life as a missionary, He has been faithful to His promise to give back what has been sowed, a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over indeed...and He has poured down and lavished me with so much that my heart is overflowing with gratitude and praise. 

so my #oneword365 for 2013 is overflow.



this word has been swirling in my head since december. (it only took me 15 days to sit down and find time to write my heart out...sorry ya'll this preggy mama loves resting whenever i find the time). i prayerfully considered other words like: grace, stretch, growth, courage, etc. thinking that the word overflow was a bit too much, too extravagant, too excessive, and it maybe might even sound too selfish. it seems though, that my themes & one words for the past few years seem to tell a story within themselves... and i love how they interconnect with each other (from die2self, face to face, dream, believe, and new). this year, instead of giving me another word, He showed me scriptures after scriptures and verses after verses in the bible with the word overflow, overflows, overflowing, running over, abundance, etc. 

and then He whispered to me..."let the redeemed of the Lord say so"... SAY SO! share what He has done, to write it, speak it, to shout if from the mountain top.... because out of the overflow of my heart, my mouth will speak.... and this year i will proclaim the goodness and redemption that has happened in my life last year and even see an overflow of His Spirit, His blessings, His provision, His wisdom. more of Him.

well let me tell ya....my God has redeemed. and i am going to say so. so my verse for this year is:

My heart overflows with a pleasing theme; I address my verses to the King; my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe (Psalms 45:1 esv) 

overflow can be a scary word.  because to be entrusted with much means there is so much more at stake...there's more room to make mistakes, more room to fail, more room to fall. but there is also more room to grow and be stretched and grow in faith. the overflow of last year's new - new family new job, new responsibilities, new ministry, means that i am being stretched in a good way. stretched literally and physically coz my belly is actually bulging and i cannot see my feet anymore and also stretched figuratively because of everything  that this year entails and what it asks of me.

but i know if i choose to abide in Him, His Spirit that overflows in and through me will be able to give me the strength, tenacity, joy, peace, leadership skills, wisdom and everything i need to do what He asks of me to do. because He has come so that i may have life....and have it to the full...till it overflows. 

so bring it 2013. and let His love overflow.