Tuesday, June 12, 2012

God forging 2 separate paths into ONE. #oneword365 update - NEW


A mid-year follow up on my #oneword365 - NEW.

He has made ALL THINGS NEW.
"Then He who sat on the throne said, Behold, I make all things NEW. And He said to me, WRITE, for these words are faithful and true. (Revelation 21:5)

I ended my season as a missionary for the church that I moved out here to help last May 31. That church has also been the church where @jcravalho1 has grown, served and lead as a leader, a pastor and a worship director for the past 16 years. Last Sunday was a very emotional day for our family & friends because it was our last Sunday to attend City Gate Church. It was a very enriching time and I will be forever grateful for the relationships I made and the lessons I learned while serving at this church.

I find it to be comically ironic because it's as if God took me from my family and church in LA, removed me from everything familiar and dear to me and brought me to Hawaii to meet and marry John and help the church grow in however way I could during that process. But after 11 months, now God is asking for John to do the same thing He asked for me to do. It seems He is taking John away from his friends & spiritual family and everything that is familiar to him and God is now forging what was once 2 separate paths into one and creating a completely NEW SEASON for us. And that could have never happened had he not made the decision to leave his comfort zone. Though it wasn't the most popular choice, He knew He had to obey and follow God. 

My #oneword365 is NEW. and that is definitely what God is building. A new season for us to build together, make new friends together, attend a new church together, build with a new spiritual family together, grow into our ministry and calling together. We are no longer as two separate individuals with 2 separate dreams but are now ONE - as a couple and as a family. 

We've been networking and attending different churches to find our new spiritual home and for me to find a new church where I can serve in as a missionary. It's both exciting and scary at the same time. The rush of it reminds me exactly how I felt like when I left LA for Hawaii last August. I had no idea what to expect, I had no idea what God was going to do but I trusted God to go before me. And that He did. 

Having to push through the NEW means being put in uncomfortable places. It's often places that stretch you and grow you because it's unfamiliar and uncharted. New seasons mean having to turn back on the old and pressing forward in order to learn new insights and lessons in order for one to grow. 

It's crazy coz our NEW looks completely different for both of us. I am currently attending the Every Nation School of Ministry and he is going to take a sabbatical from ministry and REST for the Summer. It's the first time he has rested in a REALLY really long time (without work and without ministry) and it's the first time I have ever taken the time to study something for me to grow as a person and a leader in a REALLY really long time. and Christian is going to be enrolled in a new school too! LOTS OF NEWNESS! The irony of it all is that in John's rest and in my learning, we are both finding that we are both growing in God together at the same rate. 

In this new season, we know that God is going to go before us and that He will guide us and lead us to the right spiritual family and church where we can be planted and flourish in an even greater measure. If God leads you to, please be praying for us during this time of transition and facing the NEW. Your prayer covering is much appreciated and much needed. 

how's your #oneword365 been treatin' ya? has it been rockin' your socks and turning your world upside down the same way it has mine?"