Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Do what you love.


Do what you love. Do you do what you love to do?

I thought I did, but now I'm not so sure. Right now I am at the crossroad of trying to figure out what it is that i actually LOVE to do. Im trying to decipher between the things that I actually love doing vs. the things that I thought I would love to do but now realize how unsure i am in the process of doing it.

This quote comes to mind right now and it's making me wish for the comfort of home: "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

I'm starting to forget the words of the song and I need reminding. It's too bad that most of my friends who know the song in my heart aren't here with me right now :(

Deep down, I'm still hoping God calls me & my family back to LA. The likelihood of that happening soon is pretty slim, but one can always hope. There is solace in the familiar. There is comfort being with people who know you like they are your family. It's been 10 months and I still feel very much alone here. And my heart is starting to forget the words of my heart that once resonated with passion.

For now, I will sing, even if I don't know the lyrics of the dreams in my heart, I can still choose to sing His praises and sing about His dreams. Im hoping that my heart song and His heart song will soon collide and make a beautiful symphony of worship for His name's sake. I'm hoping that as I sing His praises, He will, once again, bring my dreams back to life and remind me of His purposes for me.