Monday, April 23, 2012

Lifter of my head #dailysoulfood


"my glory and the One who lifts up my head" - psalm 3:3

Often times, when things go wrong or trials come my way, I find myself trusting in my own strength or other people to get me out of my trial/temptation/demise. When I do that, I get myself into further trouble by worrying or being anxious.

I need to always remind myself that when things are going wrong, I should always go to God first and let God shield me and be my source of protection.

Daily soul food: when we run to God in times of trouble instead of trusting in our own (or others) strength, He is faithful to be our shield for us, protecting us from the enemy and from
our own self-condemtation.

When we choose to trust Him despite our circumstances, He will be our glory and the lifter of our head. Like a loving parent does to a little child who trips and falls... The mom or dad carries the child, dusts the dirt off and touches the chin of the child and lifts it up to gaze into the child's eye as they smiles and comforts and whispers "i love you, everything is going to be okay"....Our Father does the exact same thing for us.

Whatever circumstance you find yourself in, I pray you allow Him to be the glory and the lifter of your head.