Monday, March 5, 2012

Should I hide my plans?

"Should I hide my plan from Abraham?" the LORD asked. (Genesis 18:17)

I love how God decided to share His heart and plans to Abraham coz God thought of Abraham as a friend. He so loved Abraham that He decided to share things that were going to happen in the future to him.

I love how God still decides to share His heart and His plans to His children today. If you are His child, He still speaks, we just have to take time to be still and hear His voice.

He might just be desiring to tell you things that can help you or other people and other nations, just like Abraham interceded for Sodom. Or He might want to share His heart for you at the moment, refreshing you with His still small voice like Elijah. He might want to speak to you to give direction like when He spoke to Saul or Tarsus to go to a street called straight. Or He might want to speak His dreams for you, just like He did with Mary.

I pray that my ears and my heart will always remain tender to keep in tune with His voice. I pray that i have ears to hear Him in any situation and circumstance, in and through out whatever season of my life. I pray that His voice would always be louder than the noise of the world and shouts the enemy. I pray His voice of peace and truth would silence the lies and His truth will continually be in my heart.

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)