here are the notes and a lil' video clip that my husband took while i taught the word during our sunday service. =] i committed every public speaking mistake that i knew not to do. LOL! i had taught different classes in LA before and even shared my testimony several times before, but holding the mic for 45 minutes in a non-class setting was new for me. i was a nervous wreck and i was scared (coz i used to have a really bad fear of speaking in public). but i did it scared anyway because this was my dream. and i don't let anything hold me back from pursuing my dream, not even my own fears.
i stuttered, i sweat, i stuttered even more and i had a LOT of fun preaching God's word. slowly but surely, God has and is taking me through the journey of making my dreams come true. and my heart's desire with the message i shared is for all of God's children to CHOOSE to live life the way God intended us to, so that He can hold our hands and lead us daily into the wonderful dreams and exciting destiny HE has planned out for our life.
these were my notes from the message i taught during the sunday service at church and the video that the mr. took.
The Lord had said to Abram, "Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father's family and go to the land that I will show you. I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you great and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families of the earth will be blessed through you" (Genesis 12:1-3)
Principles that Abraham chose to live by in order to fulfill God's dream for his life.
1. You must choose to LEAVE everything before God shows you His plan for your life.
Genesis 12:1 "Leave your native country, relatives and family" (Luke 18:22, Matthew 4:19-20; Philippians 3:8)
- God requires 100% surrender. If you can't trust Him with your whole life, how can He trust you with His plans and dreams? Complete Lordship is what He asks for. What are you holding back that God wants you to leave and let go of?
2. You must choose to remain INTIMATE with God, so He can reveal His dreams and plans for you. Genesis 12:2 "Go to the land I will show you" (Jeremiah 29:11, Psalm 25:14, 1 Corinthians 2:9-10, Luke 1:34-37
- The only way we can conceive God's dreams is to be intimate with Him. Intimacy begets life. It begins in your heart by spending one on one time with Him through prayer, reading, studying and obeying the Word, and having an attitude of worship. As you remain intimate with God, He will birth His dreams in your heart. The Holy Spirit will help walk you through the step by step process of fulfilling your destiny.
3. He longs to make you GREAT, so choose not to compromise
Genesis 12:2 "I will make you into a great nation" (Psalm 18:35, Genesis 13:10-12, Genesis 13:14-17)
- Abraham decided to wait on the Lord and obey God's commands but Lot compromised and settled for what he thought was good. There are no shortcuts in the Kingdom of God. God is more concerned with your character than what you are "doing" for Him. The discipline of walking in accountability with others, doing the daily Christian habits, and remaining faithful in the mundane have far greater rewards in the long run than choosing shortcuts that seem "good" for the now. Good is the enemy of great. Do not settle for less.
4. God wants to BLESS you abundantly. Choose to be a blessing to others.
Genesis 12:3 "I will bless you and all the families on earth will be blessed through you" (John 10:10)
- God desires for you to live out His dream and destiny for your life. Your dreams are always connected to other people's dreams and ultimately His Kingdom Business. It is good to desire God's dreams and blessings for yourself, but it is best to desire for God to use you to achieve His dreams for your church, for your local community and for the world.
What are your personal God-given dreams? Are there dreams and plans that God is showing you that will help build His church, help build your community and ultimately change the world. Choose to make Him Lord and obey Him. Remain intimate with Him. Stay away from compromise. He will bless you by fulfilling those dreams and make them come to pass.
Deuteronomy 30:19 - Today, I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. CHOOSE LIFE so that you and your descendants might live.