Thursday, January 12, 2012

My #1 ministry.


Because my greatest calling & my number one ministry, next to worshiping God, is to be the wife and mother God has called and made me to be. And I take much pride in that call, but i also am humbled that God would call me to support another person with my heart and raise up a next generation world changer. I don't take this calling lightly. That is why I've fought to homeschool my child, even if it was hard to do so as a single mother, because I believe Christian was my first priority (over my dreams, over my job, over my ambition, over other people). And now I feel that same way about my husband.

You see, my husband and i grew up in a divorced homes and we would never wish that pain we felt on any child or any couple. My son grew up fatherless for 11 years and I raised him as a single parent and I would never wish that on anyone as well.

So my desire is to study up on what it means to be a wife and continue to study about being a parent and glean wisdom & knowledge from others who have much more knowledge than I, on what marriage & parenting really means. From reading books & blogs, to receiving counsel & hearing advice of to those who have been married for some time, to attending workshops and to asking the elderly what they think their greatest mistakes were when they raised their kids so I don't repeat other's folly. And my heart is to be able to share that same knowledge to others and counsel others  who have an open heart to hear it.

Because if every wife/husband/parent put as much effort learning to be a better wife/husband/parent the same way they put effort in learning what they did in school (or work)... I believe the world will be a much better place.

"Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered. (Proverbs 28:26 ESV)"


day 6: die to self 2012