Tuesday, January 3, 2012

all things NEW: a journey of new beginnings - my #oneword365 #oneword2012

because i have a new name. 
because i have a new role.
because i have a new title.
because i have a new home.
because i have a new family.
because i have a new song to sing. 
because i have a new spiritual family.
because i have a new beginning.
because He has given me new promises.

He has made ALL THINGS NEW.
"Then He who sat on the throne said, Behold, I make all things NEW. And He said to me, WRITE, for these words are faithful and true. (Revelation 21:5)"


My one word for 2012 is NEW. I know it's kind of cliche since it's the new year, but there's no other word that best describes the season that God has brought me into except that word. It's like He has given me a clean slate and a fresh start and is writing a brand new chapter in my life story. 

Everything in this season is new for me. This is unfamiliar territory and i know unfamiliar territories come with both blessings and trials. but because God has promised that He has made all things new, i am excited and ecstatic, because last year He came through for me and my son and my husband in ways that have exceeded our imagination and i know that with God, i believe (#oneword2011) we only go from faith to faith and strength to strength and glory to glory. 

This season i know i must learn to understand fully the new role i have as a wife. 
This season i need to understand the covering and mantle He has placed upon me with my new role as a minister (no longer a missionary since i married a local boy). 
This season i must learn to balance the role i have as a mother in my new family and home... and learn to submit (since i am no longer head of the household).
This season, i want to find my niche and the specific role i have in my local church and the community, not just as a minister but now a pastor's wife (how many people remember how i swore to never become that?!?)
This season i must learn to spell (and teach others how to spell) my last new last name. 
This season i am to follow and make time to follow His command to write - diligently, truthfully, without reserve - to write and  bring Him glory. (see revelations 21:5)
This season, our family must learn and understand exactly what and why God has brought us into this new season together for such a time as this... and move boldly into our destiny.

He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord. (Psalm 40:3)

My God has made all things new... and i will write for His words have proven faithful and true. I cannot wait to see how 2012 will unfold and i am excited to take you with me and my family along in this journey of new beginnings.

For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, And her people a joy. I will rejoice in Jerusalem, And joy in My people; The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, Nor the voice of crying. No more shall an infant from there live but a few days, Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days; For the child shall die one hundred years old,  But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed. They shall build houses and inhabit them;They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit. They shall not build and another inhabit; They shall not plant and another eat; For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD, And their offspring with them. It shall come to pass, That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear. (Isaiah 65:17-24)


check out other one worders at www.oneword365.com