Monday, November 28, 2011

I long to be this kind of tree.

The birds nested in its branches, and in its shade all the wild animals gave birth. All the great nations of the world lived in its shadow. It was strong & beautiful, with wide-spreading branches, for its roots went deep into abundant water. Ez31:6-7

I long to be this kind of tree. A shelter where people can run to, whose branches are long enough to embrace people who have their own stories to tell and be a safe place of rest. I long to have my roots run deep into abundant waters of God's love, so deep that it provides nourishment to everything around me. I long to be the kind of tree, where under the shade of my prayers and words, dreams are birthed and cared for and launched forth. I long to be the kind of tree that brings life to others around me and shares life to those who are parched. I long to be the kind of tree, where its mere presence will cause others to see and be in awe of God's miracle working power that was able to transform what was once a small seed of faith into something beautiful and majestic that boasts of His amazing grace. I long to be this kind of tree.