Saturday, June 4, 2011

soul food: share life.

"Exhort one another daily, while it is called today" Hebrews 3:14

I love receiving encouragement!! Who doesn't right?!?!?  Words of love and affirmation make my heart happy and give me hope when times are hard. Sometimes life is rough and though I get encouraged reading my Bible, it helps a lot when a fellow human being says soothing words that touch my heart. If we had our way, we would love to receive an encouraging word at least once daily.

So i thought...why not twist that need around and give encouragement to others instead. Instead of needing, i wanted to be giving. I desired to be that voice of love and hope to others. The Bible says encourage one another daily so i try to find one person a day to exhort. And its never failed, when i do that, i find that i am encouraged as well since im using my life to help make other people's lives better. Everytime I need encouragement, I go and encourage someone else and every time, I'm left with more hope and joy, not just for the other person but also for myself after the conversation.

What you sow, you reap... right?!?!

My prayer today is that God continues to use me to encourage people on a daily basis. This world is too full of negative people and circumstances already. I would rather choose to be the person that speaks life and love and joy into people's hearts. If I do, God is faithful to bring in ways to encourage me as well.

My prayer for you is that you choose to share life and be that source of hope for someone else today as well. Go put a smile on someone else's face today. If you do, I promise you, you'll end up with a smile on your face and a happy heart too :)