Saturday, June 11, 2011

Soul food: for nothing, in everything.

"Be anxious for NOTHING, but in EVERYTHING by prayer with Thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God & His peace will guard your hearts & minds through Christ" - Philippians 4:6-7

I know we're all familiar with this verse - Be anxious for NOTHING. It didnt say almost nothing... it says NOTHING.

not for finances.
not for health.
not for our loved ones.
not for our past.
not for our dreams.
not for our church.
not for our appearance.

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

You gotta admit tho.. this command is hard to follow. I think i break this command about a bajillion times a day... I'm like "God, this is hard to ask.... you seem to have designed the human brain to think and worry" LOL! How the heck do you turn off 'worry mode'!?!

After reading this verse...i realize the key to not being anxious for nothing is to turn my thoughts into prayers... and not just any kind of prayer.. but a prayer of thanksgiving for EVERYTHING. The only way to battle worry is to have a grateful and thankful heart. Coz the reality is.... as long as we have breath, there's always something to be thankful for.... it doesn't matter what we're all going through.

My prayer: God I pray everytime the enemy and circumstances hurl situations at me that might cause me to worry... I pray that I may be quick to fight back with a praise in my mouth. I pray that song of praise instead of clanging sounds of unbelief will be heard from me. Help me Holy Spirit, to recall God's faithfulness in the past when tough times come across. Please let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you my King. Amen.