Thursday, June 2, 2011

daily soul food: do nothing.



John 15:5 "apart from me you can do NOTHING"

I woke up today with this verse in mind. I find myself starting almost all day rushing towards the hustle and bustle of life without spending ample time with Jesus and asking Him for His will to be done in my life and for the world.

This verse puts my mind back in perspective. Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of life, I lose focus. Instead of Jesus, my life becomes about me. I have the whole day planned.... and I just expect God to come and bless...

My plans.
My dreams.
My schedule.
My problems.
My finances.

I forget that it's really not about me and what i want. It's all about Him. Withouth Him, I can do nothing. Without Him, I am nothing.

I pray john's prayer over myself today and every day.... i pray that i may decrease that He may increase in my life. I pray that I always remember to make it all about Jesus. God forbid, i fall into the enticement of the spotlight syndrome, or the cares and worries of the world tie me down and i forget that apart from Him, all those things I've done are nothing.

But if i am soaked in His grace and His Spirit, He will be able to do all things through me. I must remember, im just a vessel. Without the Potter, clay is worthless.