Thursday, May 5, 2011

BEST MOTHERS DAY GIFT EVER (if there's one post i want you to read...it's this)

i was on my way home from a meeting, when i got a call from my son telling me to "pray for him coz he was going to talk about Jesus to one of his friends...to pray that his friend receives Jesus into his heart" (his friend is a neighbor who just moved in our compound recently).

he then said goodbye right away and hung up the phone. i sat in my car, jaw dropped with tears in my eyes. i was shocked. my son, who is 10, took the time to call me to tell me to pray for him while he was sharing the good news. lil dude knows the importance of prayer already. and he knows the urgency of spreading the Word of God.

i got home and he told me that him and his friend talked about science, the big bang theory (he calls it big boom theory), Jesus, heaven and hell and different bible stories. his friend asked him questions like: "how sure are you that heaven is real?" my son answered: "i dont know, but here is how i know that God is real"... and he basically shared his  testimony of how God has taken care of our family thus far. then my son asked his friend if he wanted to receive Jesus into his heart... his friend said "he'd think about it".

as soon as i got home, my son came to me telling me how happy he was that he finally got to share about Jesus for the first time ever. even if his friend said he'd think about it, he knows he did his job by sharing about Jesus. i smiled and told him how proud i was of him. if only there was a way for him to see how extremely excited my heart was. i felt like my heart was going to explode with sunshine, butterflies, rainbow, fairy dust and everything happy that i could think of.

before he slept, he sent me a text message and said:


right now my heart is leaping for joy. 

you see, me and my son went through so much trials together, that it has always pained me as a mother to see him grow up in the circumstances we had. he never really got to have what other kids had (like a dad, having a permanent place to live, stability, finances, getting to buy toys he wanted etc).  i had no idea that going through all those trials and pain had helped in shaping his little heart to have faith in his Heavenly Father. at 10, he can share his testimony to other kids, because he has a story to tell that's his own and not his "moms". i wanted so badly to protect him from the pain and i couldn't. right now im so glad that we walked through that hard season of our life together, because we are both starting to see God's redemption unfold right before our very eyes.

i dont know what the heck i did to deserve the privilege of being called this boy's mother....but im sure glad that God chose me to raise this world changer. to see your child fulfilling the great commission at such a young age is the BEST MOTHERS DAY GIFT EVER. i wouldn't trade this for anything in the world. 

i am soooooooooo proud of him.

I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. - Joel 2:28