Monday, April 11, 2011

hawaii day 6 - the sinker.

the other day...i had mentioned that my heart was falling in love with hawaii. it was grabbing a hold of my heart hook, line... and i was just waiting for a sinker. today i got my sinker. 


i spent some alone time on the beach with God, just basking in the beauty of His creation. as i spent time in His presence and in His Word, i knew for sure that He was calling me forth. calling me to leave my people, my family, my church, my friends, my life in LA and everything i've known for the past 8 years and go to a people i know not. He spoke to my heart through the book of ruth. He sure knows how to pull on my heart strings coz ruth is my favorite book in the bible and He knows how personal this book is to me.


Dont urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." Ruth 1:16

"I've been told all about what you have done....how you left your father and mother and your homeland and came to live with a people you did not know before. May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge." ruth 2:11-12


"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life." -  Matthew 19:29 


He doesn't promise that it will be easy, but He promises to be with me every step of the way. so i will trust Him with my whole heart, coz i know that He will never leave me nor forsake me. im jumping out of the boat and stepping into the waters of hawaii, running wholeheartedly with the vision He has given me to "give glory to the LORD and proclaim His praise in the islands." - isaiah 42:12