Tuesday, March 8, 2011

fried chicken, weight, and lent.


checked my weight today. i went from 146 lbs last october to 133 lbs in 5 months. of course part of the chunk of the weight that I lost was because of the 21 day fast I was on, but part of it is also making a choice/lifestyle to not eat food that is unhealthy for my heart and to keep my cholesterol down.


well...until today... coz my friend brought max's chicken to our smallgroup meeting tonight... and well, i lost all self control. if you haven't had max's then you haven't had fried chicken. it's goooooood! trust me. i luv me some friend chicken (hence my past-high cholesterol-problem). i made an exception tonight but i gotta get right back in the flow tomorrow...especially since it's the beginning of lent.

speaking of lent, last year, i TRIED to give up speaking anything negative for lent. I FAILED!!!! I've got a mouth on me with a whole lotta opinion and I'm not afraid to let anyone hear it.... So trying to not say any negative thing is probably one of the hardest things for me to fast from, and believe me i'm a sucker for fasting & disciplining myself...(talk about positivity right?) "I will not present burnt offerings that have cost me nothing" [1Chron21:24]

so this year, i will try it again. (I'm hoping I'm able to finish the full 40days). I think it's gonna be a challenge coz of the difficulties I'm facing right now with financial struggles and being in transition... but what good is fasting if it doesn't challenge you to die to yourself right? soooo here's another round of #die2self: 
  • to not speak anything negative.
  • to control my emotions and words, especially when I'm mad or irritated, even when I'm right.
  • to keep my snazzy comments to myself.
  • to choose to speak the TRUTH of God's word for the next 40 days in all circumstances, instead of blabbing out my opinions and feelings. "coz man does not live on bread alone....but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."
the judge of this will be my son. i will ask him before easter, if he noticed anything different about his mama, without me telling him what I'm fasting from. here goes another #die2self fast.  trying my best to discipline my body (and mind), training it to do what it should. [1Cor9:27]

"Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires.   Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God. Don't you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living." [rom 6]

im choosing to #die2self and to live with Christ. are you participating in lent? what areas in your life would you like to 'die' to in order to receive God's resurrection power?