Wednesday, January 19, 2011

dark night, little light.

my sister gave me this picture card and told me that this reminds her of me. the quote says "even from a dark night, songs of beauty can be born"

i've had to face many dark nights... nights that were so painful and heartbreaking. nights when i felt so abandoned, confused, lost and sad. i have no one to share those dark nights with, except my faithful pillow that carries the weight of my tears as i cry myself to sleep.

but those dark nights have also caused my heart to sing beautiful songs of worship to my King, even in the midst of the crucible of pain.

there are so many songs and stories about how He has turned my ashes into beauty and my tears into joy that the world has yet to hear.

one day the world will hear of these songs and stories. 

but till then, i continue to trust Him and sit through the night and continue to sing the songs of His beauty. i will wait patiently till my dawn comes... because i know when the Son causes me to shine... this light of mine will illuminate a LOT of people's hearts and pave the way for them to know His everlasting love and the power of His Spirit. 

have you found your song that God has composed in your heart during the night seasons of your life?

"my heart instructs me in the night seasons." [ps 16:7]

"the path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining brighter until the full light of day" [prov4:18]