Tuesday, November 9, 2010

crossroads

i feel like my life is at a crossroad right now. 
and i dont really know which road to take. 

in regard to pursuing my dreams.  
im figuring out if preaching and teaching & writing is really what God has for me?
or am i just wasting my time or im forcing it too much?
maybe i should've listened and taken up nursing
coz it does offer more security financially.
or should i just stay at this job and wait?
im praying about which ministry i would like to sow in.
to our new church building or to compassion.
or to save up for my future dwelling place.
im having to choose to stay at my current church..
or to decide to make that jump and move to another.
or maybe continue to stay in both.
maybe it's even to move to another city.
to another state.
or even to another nation.
during times of uncertainty and decision making, 
i speak these scriptures over my life:
  • whether you turn to the left or the right, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, this is the way, walk in it - isaiah 30:21
  • I AM with you and will watch over you wherever you go - genesis 28:15
  • have i not commanded you? be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. - joshua 1:9
  • i have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you. now I will make your name great, like the names of the greatest men on earth - 2samuel 7:9
  • I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. these are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.- isaiah 42:16
  • But the path of the [uncompromisingly] just and righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines more and more (brighter and clearer) until [it reaches its full strength and glory in] the perfect day [to be prepared]. - proverbs 4:18 amp
because even during times of uncertainty, i am certain of this - that my God has a plan and a future for me. He knows my end and my beginning because He is the author and perfecter of my faith. He is writing the story of my life. He knows when i sit and and when i rise. He knows the number of hairs on my head and knows my innermost thoughts. if He knows these, then surely He will direct me towards the course He will want me to take for this next season and show me the way to go. i trust that His Word will be like a lamp unto my feet, guiding me to take the path of His will. i pray that my ears will choose to hear His voice saying "this is the way, walk in it". i pray that my heart silences the noise of fear and disbelief. I will choose to not listen to outer forces of fear and doubt, or maybe even the fear of maybe being misunderstood or judged for my future decisions. instead i will let faith rise. because faith pleases Him. and all i ever want to do, is please Him and live a life of obedience to my King.