Thursday, September 30, 2010

stop child trafficking.


Dear family and friends,

By participating in this walk... I will be doing my part to help save my generation by stopping the bad guys so that they won't be able to do bad things to kids who are just like me.

Help me make a difference in my generation!
Please pray about supporting me in my walk by donating to this cause.(whether it's $1, $5, $10, $20, 50, $100 or more). 100% of the donations will go to Stop Child Trafficking Now Organization.

Child Trafficking Facts
  • There are more than 30 million slaves in the world today.
  • The average age of a trafficked child is 12.
  • 600,000 – 800,000 people are bought and sold across international borders each year; 50% are children, most are female. The majority of these victims are forced into the commercial sex trade. – U.S. Department of State, 2004, Trafficking in Persons Report, Washington, D.C.
  • Over 2 million children are currently enslaved around the world, including every one of the 50 United States.
In an effort to play my part in ending this injustice, I have joined the Stop Child Trafficking Now (SCTNow) Campaign. SCTNow has chosen to fund a bold, new approach, one that addresses the demand side of child sex trafficking by targeting buyers/predators for prosecution and conviction.

On the weekend of October 2-3, 2010, thousands of individuals in communities across the United States and Canada will participate in SCTNow Walks to raise funds and bring awareness to the issue of child trafficking.

Would you join me as I commit to raise funds to end child slavery? You can visit: http://sctnow.donordrive.com/participant/christian to donate or give me cash and I will personally give it to SCTNow or write a check to SCTNow you can make a contribution that will make a difference in the life of a child just like me.

If you have any questions about SCTNow please contact my mom or visit www.SCTNow.org.

Christian Roa
Team: Passion 4 Freedom
Fundraising Page for SCTNow - Orange County Walk
October 2, 2010 at Heisler Park, Laguna Beach


Thank you so much for your support!

Christian



UPDATE: i've reached my goal and have raised above it. $460.00 so far! [thanks Joanie Rapier, Richard Ong, Asia Rush, Sirisha Gummadi, James Biskey, Roy EscosarMyung Carol Kim for giving and thanks to those who are helping me and my mom spread the word!)

my mom is walking too! if you wanna support here: click here