Tuesday, September 28, 2010

9.28.10 very special.


This was given to me by a dear friend of mine almost 8 years ago. I'm not a very sentimental person when it comes to 'things' but I've kept this gift and brought it with me everywhere I moved. I love what is written on it and I read it every time I feel discouraged or down (today would be one of those days). Here's what it says:

Your presence is a gift to the world
You're unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take it one day at a time.

Count your blessings and not your troubles, 
and you'll make it through what comes along.

Within you are so many answers, 
understand, have courage & be strong.

Don't put limits on yourself,
Your dreams are waiting to be realized.
Don't leave your important decisions to chance.
Reach for your peak, your goal & your prize.

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying - 
the longer the problem is carried, the heavier it gets.

Don't take things too seriously, 
live a life of serenity, not regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way.
Remember that a lot goes forever.

Remember that friendship is a wise investment,
life's treasures are people... Together.

Have health and hope and happiness, 
take the time to wish on a star. 
And don't ever forget even for a day... 
How very special YOU are.


to those of you who need some encouragement as well... this post is for you.