Thursday, April 8, 2010

desperate plea.

we were sitting on the couch last saturday night... after having a night of painting easter eggs, and eating smores by the fire... i decided to snuggle with them and share my thoughts about black saturday.
"2000 years ago during black saturday - the disciples had thought that everything they believed in had come to an end coz Jesus was dead. they thought the impossible would never happen. i bet the disciples were so disappointed and hurt. but little did they know, God was getting ready to show them the biggest surprise ever. the very next day, Jesus was raised from the dead. because God can do the impossible, even when it seems like there is no hope"

then i proceeded to ask them "what are somethings in your life right now that seem impossible for God to answer? let's pray together and believe that God will do the same for us like He did when He raised Jesus back from the dead and do the impossible in our lives."

the room was silent for some time.
then they proceeded to share what was in their hearts...
and their response brought me to tears.


my sister said: i wish Jesus would heal my skin condition... i've been praying for this for years and i really want Him to heal me. and i wish that God would do the impossible and bring mama and papa back together again. if not, then atleast i want them to be friends and treat each other better. (our parents are divorced and they fight constantly.)

my son said: i wish for a brother or a sister. i really want a sibling. and i wish that my dad (who he's never met) would know Jesus and receive Him as Lord and Savior so that he will change his life and change his heart... and maybe he'll want to meet me one day.

CHILDREN prayed these prayers.

they didn't pray for toys. they didn't pray to go to disneyland or have more things.

they prayed for their family. my son prayed for a stranger.

they were asking for reconciliation. healing. forgiveness. salvation.

they were willing to believe the best in everyone and pray for those who've hurt them.

their hearts are so pure.
so untainted. so filled with love. so full of faith.

after listening to their prayers.... my desperate plea was:
God PLEASE help me to be more like them.

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." - Matthew 19:14