Tuesday, March 16, 2010

spring forward.

i do not like "spring forward".


the thought of having to adjust your clock, fixing your schedule and "losing an hour" of sleep irritates me. i was totally being catty about it on my FB statuses and twitter. i didn't like adjusting my time and my schedule. i didn't like the thought of change. i didn't really have a choice though... so i just adjusted my clock and went with the flow. i went to work monday morning wishing i had my hour back.

but 2 days after spring forward...
i can say that i actually do like it.

the reason for change is now evident. the adjusting had to happen before i saw the benefits. i can now say that the change was so worth it. i love that the sun is still out when i go home from work. i love that there's more light out, which means more time to play with my son out in the yard or i have more time to walk my dog. i love how it's not always dark and gloomy out. i love how everything around me is blooming and coming to life. (though the allergies do suck).


i realized that, though it was hard at first...
in the end... the change benefited me.

this made me think about how much this truth is so applicable in life. that we must do whatever is necessary to adjust and change with the seasons. it may annoy us, it may affect our "regularly scheduled program". it may even cause us some pain and frustration...and we may not see the great things that are in store for us...but if we obey and don't fight change, if we go with the flow and do whatever that needs to be done to adjust things in us and around us... in the end, those changes will be to our advantage...


it will cause us to move forward...
our own lives will have more light and more life...
so that we may share it to others as well.