Monday, February 22, 2010

go.

yesterday we had baptisms at church.
6 people publicly affirmed their faith in Christ.
4 of those are women i know personally.

3 of them are close to my sister

2 of those women go to my small group
(btw...i love building life together with these women....just wanted you to know that)

1 of them remind me so much of me (i swear she's like a mini-me)

and another one of those women i have been praying for for years now. even since i heard that she was my younger sisters roommate back in 2006 i started praying for her, 4 years later...she is now in love with Jesus.

just a few things that really hit me yesterday while all these things were going on:

1. DONT EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF PRAYER.
-pray for people's salvation...pray for breakthrough... pray for healing. even if it takes years... keep on praying. coz HE HEARS. and He is always faithful to do according what His Word says. [acts 16:31; james 5:16]

2. GO...MAKE DISCIPLES. REACH OUT and POUR YOUR LIVES OUT FOR PEOPLE.
- it's not a choice to do...it's a command given. before He left the earth, this was the last thing He told His disciples. Our Commander-In-Chief said to GO...so if you're not making disciples, you're not doing your job. reach out to others. build friendships. be sincere. and don't water down God's Word. [matthew 28:19-20]

3. YOUR PAST PAINTS A PICTURE OF YOUR MINISTRY.
- my mini-me...well she reminds me so much of ME that i felt like i was staring of a picture of me 9 years ago. i had the same look - short hair, tattoos, piercings. i had the same attitude - strong, tough, carefree, fun-loving. i also know the hurt and why she is the way she is...even if i haven't heard her full storY. you know why? it's coz my past was staring at me face to face.... and i absolutely LOVED IT. it's coz i know of God's power to transform and change lives and turn it around for His glory. to others...her look could've come off as intimidating... to me - i saw a heart of gold. the reason why is because i've been there. i've done all of that. and i know how much God has got me through... and i KNOW God will use her to reach out to even more people just like us... to be a walking, living testimony of God's power to change lives.

4. GOD WILL USE YOU.
- my sister b, invited 3 out of the 6 people that got baptized yesterday. if asked by many, b really isn't one of those people who's super involved in church. in fact she doesn't ever sugar-coat where she is in her walk with God....she has struggles and she's very open about it... but it's never stopped her from reaching out to her friends. and because of her honesty.. and her love for her friends... and her persistence to invite them to church... they now love Jesus as well.

even if her walk in Christ isn't that stable...she has brought more people to church this year alone than most of the people i know. just goes to show...don't ever underestimate those around you at church. the person sitting right next to you might be the billy graham of this next generation. whoever you are, whatever your walk is like with Christ, even if you've fallen, even if you've struggled - GOD WILL USE YOU... don't let the world tell you otherwise. just make yourself available... [1samuel 16:7]

i was soooo excited yesterday. THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR! for me to worship and love God with my life and to see other people's lives changed! when people pray the salvation prayer and get baptized... we should be like heaven and celebrate and partaaaaaay because sheep that were once lost are now found in God's arms. i love the great commission!