Friday, January 29, 2010

favorite sin (part2).

last night, as i was thinking about what to write for the continuation of my previous post, my son suddenly interrupted my train of thought and said:

"im HUNGRY mom. i wanna eat."

i just looked at him with a blank stare.

mind you, i had already fed him dinner at this point. in my head i was thinking "what's WRONG with you child? we just ate dinner. here i am washing the dishes & cleaning the kitchen and you have the AUDACITY to come up to me and say you're hungry again?? it's as if you don't worry about anything else in the world except your grumbling stomach."

as i was thinking this...he was already helping himself & getting into our fridge/pantry (i wasn't really paying attention anymore) and made himself something to eat...then went back to the room to play. JUST LIKE THAT. no cares. no worries. no stress.

after thinking that.... i found myself pondering about what just happened
  • my son FAITH in me to take care of his basic needs & doesn't worry about it. he just has to tell me what he needs and he knows it will be provided for.
  • he knows that his mom has food in the fridge for him to eat at any time of the day.
  • he trusts me to clothe him, feed him & give him shelter, drive him around, etc.
  • he casts his cares on me coz he knows mys shoulders are strong enough to carry them
  • and if he WANTS something that is beyond a basic need (like toys, a wii, a DSi, etc) - he just needs to ask me & wait for my answer (which, more often that not, is a YES). he just has to give me a lil bit of time to put things together (i.e. money, timing) and make it work out & do my best to give him what he asked for.
then i realized...God expects the same from us...
because He does the same for us. and so much more.

He is our Daddy. We need not worry about where we are going to get our food, or where we are getting the money to pay our bills. just like my son did..all we have to do is say "Dad, im hungry" and then tap into His fridge (the Word of God) and draw out the resources that we need there to get our needs met.

"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing. You're at least decent to your own children. So don't you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?" matthew 7:9-11 msg

worrying shows that we don't trust our Daddy. us worrying and stressing is a slap to His face. coz if a fallen human being like me is able to provide for everything my son needs...what more our Heavenly Father - who is able to provide our needs & even give the deepest desires of our heart.

so if your find yourself worrying about a need or a certain situation, remember:

all we have to do is ask our Daddy and then trust and wait.

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. - Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Our Daddy is Jehovah Jireh.


continuation of favorite sin (part 3) coming soon!