Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 - one word.

every year i always have a word(s)/theme that help me live intentionally through out the year. my theme or words usually have a scripture or two to back it up with, for me to hold on to as a promise from God as i try my best to live those words out. it's nice to see that im not alone in this. apparently there's a community of one-worders over at alece's bloggity who also define their year with a word/theme. check it out.

through out the years some themes i've had were: fearless, face2face, abundant life,  redeemed, etc.  last year, my word was DREAM, and i lived intentionally with that word in mind for the whole year. the smallgroup i led did dream boards, i participated and helped plan a dream conference, and almost all my bible study lessons, blogs and conversation consisted of dreaming big for me and others.

i mentioned last month that my one word for 2011 is:

BELIEVE.
websters definiton: a firm conviction, to accept, hold an opinion, to consider to be true.
it's almost as if my faith is being challenged to see if i can really believe all the things i've prayed and dreamt about these past few years. as i spent time in the Word, my scripture references to my "theme" are: 
  • abram BELIEVED the Lord, and He credited to him as righteousness (genesis 15:6)
  • blessed is she who BELIEVED that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her. (luke1:45)
  • anyone who comes to Him must BELIEVE that He exists and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him (heb11:16)  
the funny thing about these scriptures is that before abraham and mary believed...God spoke to them in a dream or a vision. how appropriate that my word for this year is believe right after i dreamt big last year =].
 


2011 is the year im going to live to BELIEVE intentionally. to do my best to believe God's Word and God's promises even before i see the manifestation of it. im gonna study the lives of men and women of faith who chose to take God at His Word and lived it out. im going to try to fight off the slightest bit of unbelief and doubt, especially when times get hard and problems arise. my motto will be: God said it, that settles it, i believe it. this year...im choosing to BELIEVE. believe the best in God. believe the best in others. and believe the best in myself.

 
check out other one-worders over at www.gritandglory.com

the picture of the blue BELIEVE stone with the ocean view came from here