Monday, November 23, 2009

30.

On December 3rd, I turn 30. Yep, it’s an exciting time for me. And to welcome this new decade of my life, I want to do something different than what I would normally do for my birthdays. I would like to do something that signifies my passion & my dreams--inspire the hopeless and help those who are less fortunate. And since I’m a big party girl, I’m combining my love for partying and love for giving, to feed the homeless in downtown LA.

Last year, through all of your donations for our thanksgiving fundraiser, we were able to raise enough money to feed 150 people and provide them with a thanksgiving meal (turkey sandwich, fruits, drinks & cookies). We were also able to distribute 100 backpacks with wipes, toothbrushes & hand sanitizers and hand out blankets and clothes to keep the homeless warm in the winter.

And because that was such a life changing moment for me and for the others that were there, I want to be able to do it again BUT this time have you experience it with me. On Saturday, December 5th, between 10-2, I’d like to invite you to party it out with me in the streets of downtown Los Angeles to assist the homeless, the crack heads, the prostitutes and the less fortunate and have a chance to feed, clothe & party with them. Sort of what like Jesus did when He turned 30.

So to celebrate my momentous 30th year and in the spirit of the holiday season, I would like to ask you to give for this cause, whatever is in your heart to give (whether $5, $10, $15, $20 or more). I believe that I will be able to raise double the amount of money that we raised last year and feed twice as many people!

Also, if you have any blankets, sweaters/jackets, accessories that you would like to give away to help keep the homeless warm during the winter season, we need that as well! If you’d like to donate, please call me to arrange the best time for you to drop those off. Lastly, if you could contribute your time to help prepare & distribute the food on Saturday, I would really appreciate that too. Please comment/email/twitter/FB msg/text/call/write me if you would like to “RSVP” for my street party.

By doing so, you will be granting me a wonderful birthday wish, as well as helping the less fortunate at the same time. Please help make my birthday wish come true. THANK YOU!