Monday, April 20, 2009

these are the days.

today was not the best day of my life....earlier today...i was so stressed out, overwhelmed, felt so alone, and was worried about a few things. i was crying constantly.... and i know i wasn't pms-ing either. i felt like i just wanted to leave and get away from it all... but i know i couldn't. it was one of those days where i felt so soooo tired of having to bear the weight of doing everything. (homeschooling while working a full time job, running to and from baseball practices & other things that needed to be done, cleaning, cooking, budgeting, as well as trying to figure out how to keep my sanity {hence why i twitter}, all in a day's work.)

though there is divine grace....its still very tough being a single mama. and today was especially overwhelming.


i so wanted for this day to end. impatiently i tried to wait.....while doing random things just to relieve me of my stress (mostly cried).

then i got a pleasant surprise.... after watching 24.... i walked into my bedroom & saw that my son had fixed the whole room for me coz he knew his mama was tired. =D it just warmed my heart.
...and it put a big smile on my face....

that one small gesture he did just redeemed my whole day.

its serves as a simple reminder to me that there will be times in my life that things won't always be on the up & up... but all it takes is one simple miracle, one small gesture from God... and He will be able to turn things around (whatever it is that seems painful & ugly)....and in an instant, change my circumstances to make something beautiful out of it....

and He does it because He loves me.


so now i'm smiling again.

i love my son. i love my life.

no matter how tough it gets.
..i know i am blessed.


my feel good song for today (link below) =]

♫ ♫ "these are days you'll remember
never before and never since, I promise
will the whole world be warm as this
and as you feel it, you'll know it's true
that you are blessed and lucky
it's true, that you are touched by something
that will grow and bloom in you" ♫♫
- Natalie Merchant http://bit.ly/gllZX