Monday, February 9, 2009

dearest christian.

dearest christian,

you probably will never fully know the depth of my love for you. you probably will not comprehend how much having you has changed my life. i often hear you say to me "you're the best mom ever..." and i joke around and say "i know i am"... today i want you to know... that i'm only the "best mom" because i have such a wonderful child like you.

God gave me you, so that i would learn to live and to love.

your energy...reminds me to keep on having fun and not be a boring adult.
your hugs...tell me that there is a safe place.
your kisses...makes my soul smile.
your tears...makes my heart break.
your playfulness...keeps me in touch with my inner child.
your hunger for knowledge...challenges me to keep up with the times.
your friendliness...reminds me to see the best in everyone...like you always do.
your stubbornness...teaches me that i have to be a better role model & practice what i preach.
your faith...is child-like & inspires me to believe in the impossible.
your laughter...teaches me that there is more to life than my problems.
your impatience...is a mirror of my flaws.
your imagination...reminds me to dream big.
your obedience...teaches me that i need to obey the first time with a good heart too.
your smile...gives me strength to keep on.

when i was younger, there were many-a-days that passed by that i was asking for God to do a "great thing" in my life...without realizing fully that you are that great thing. now i know better. though my heart burns for many things and i often dream of reaching the world, it is raising you to be a man after God's own heart that is one of my greatest desires.

psalm 127:3-5 Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates. (niv)

our bed time stories consists of a you as a warrior, a hero, saving damsels in distress with a sword and shield in your hands... as you beat dragons and bad guys... always unafraid to confront the enemy. always victorious. i believe those stories are prophetic pictures of who you will become in the future. (i just hope though, that you stick with one damsel...instead of the different damsels you seem to talk to me about!) ;) you are an arrow, a weapon to launch...and i hope that this time i have with you while you are young - to sharpen you, to hone your gifts as a warrior of Christ, will be enough of a training ground so that one day, when it is your time to be launched, you will pierce the hearts of many for Christ.

i am honored that God has chosen me to raise a world changer like you. the privilege to be your mother is my highest calling.

love you so so very much,