Wednesday, December 10, 2008

favorite things 2.

i had so much fun making my last favorite things blog that i am going to do a series of blogs about it (like i had mentioned before). today i will talk about my favorite scents :) there are random scents out there that put a smile on my face...and even make me feel nostalgic. some smell good...some only smell good to me ;)

these are the scents that tickle my nose :)

COFFEE
this is my ultimate feel good smell. the scent of coffee has the same impact on me as bella's blood does with edward. (sorry i can't help but throw a lil' twilight in there). this is my favorite addiction. the smell of coffee relaxes me, makes me feel good, awakens me, it makes me think of my friends and times we spent at starbucks laughing over silly things. the smell makes me "smile".


PERFUMES
one of my 2 most favorite things to do when i'm in the mall/department store is to go to the china section and go to the perfume section. i loooove to smell my favorite perfumes over and over and over again. here are my ULTIMATE favorite perfumes that i've used at one point in my life. and yes i have a strange fixation for wearing men's perfumes. im glad my son likes aqua di gio. i will save up to give him that :) he says girls like it when he smells good ;)







GASOLINE
from shell to mobil to arco to chevron... :) i can't explain why...i just love how it smells.



VICKS VAPOR RUB
i looove this smell! every time i smell it, i relate it to comfort. my sister Christie absolutely hates it so when we were young, i would rub it all over me and give her a hug just to give her a hard time :)





CINNAMON FOR THE HOLIDAYS
makes you think of home.




BATH AND BODY WORKS SCENTS
from warm vanilla sugar (my favorite as of the moment), cucumber melon, fresh vanilla and the sleep series....this is one of my favorite places to go for s smelling spree. my nose is usually overwhelmed when i go in the store from trying to smell all the "new stuff"...but i seem to always go back to the classics.


TIDE BARETA
if you've never been to the philippines then you probably can't relate to this. i loooove the smell of baretas. its gives me a certain kind of "nostalgic high". when my yaya used to wash my clothes, id just sit around the laundry area smiling coz it would always smells so good there. i actually have a bar in my closet from the philippines so i can still smell the scent of tide with calamansi from time to time.


EUCALYPTUS LEAVES
if i could afford to buy an arrangment of eucalyptus leaves for me every week i would. :) the smell is so relaxing.




NEWLY WASHED CLOTHES
the only thing that i look forward to do during laundry days. i have a strange habit of smelling the clothes as i take them out of the washer before i put them in the dryer. it's not the same smell as the bareta but it takes me to that almost "nostalgic high" place too :)


SALTY SEA AIR
since i prefer to not swim in the waters here in LA (im afraid of the pollution in the water)...my favorite thing to do is to sit in the sand and just breathe. the salty sea air seems to help me de-stress. my favorite place to go when i need my sanity back.


BANANA-Q, BBQ and KAMOTE Q SMOKE
again...this is for filipinos only. i miss walking around random places in manila and smelling the pollution mixed with the smoke that comes from grilling bbq and banana q. since this is a favorite scent list, i will save the description of the "taste" for later.


SHARPIE MARKERS

don't ask.


BABY COLOGNE and BABY POWDER
Johnson's baby powder and cologne or Angel's breathe cologne. reminds me of when we were kids after playing outside the whole day, we'd stink so much that our yayas would pour it over our head (or so it seemed like it) and put so much powder on us that we looked like albinos :)


ARAMIS & PONDS
aramis reminds me of my grandfather who passed away when i was 7.
ponds reminds me of my grandma. she's in the philippines right now and i miss her so much.



EFFICASCENT OIL

i remember the weekly massages i used to be so spoiled with ... the massage therapists in the philippines would use this oil on me and it would be like salon pas all over my body. LOL. :)



CHRISTIAN'S BABY & TODDLER SMELL
i absolutely miss his baby and toddler smell. he smells like a boy now, sweat mixed with days of refusing to take a bath unless he's told to do so....the only way to recall the smell is in my memory :/




okay...that's it for now. i have to get some sleep and dream of christian when he was a baby.

what about you? what are your favorite scents?