Tuesday, November 25, 2008

silence.

in the midst of all the noise....

the noise of problems left and right...
the activity that surrounds the holidays...
the concern of a mom in the hospital...
the need to be a strong single mom - to love, to cook, clean, teach, discipline, provide...
the necessity to be a steadfast support to those who need it...
the sting of loneliness...
the cry of pain for a loved one walking away from their destiny...
the ache of the heart in missing dear friends this holiday season...
the ring of cash registers with my money...
the out cry of protests in my city after the elections...
the commotion of rude holiday shoppers who have forgotten the meaning of Christmas...
the shout within my soul to want to see this world be a better place when it's getting worst...

in the midst of all the noise...
i look for solace...
i search for comfort...
and He comes faithfully, sure and steadfast.

He comes and whispers to me.
He sings soothing songs to pacify me.
He calms me with His warm embrace.
He lavishes His joy on me.
He affirms that He is my strength and my song.
He puts a banner of victory over me.
He fulfills His promise to give me peace in midst of troubles.

In His presence...
All the noises are drowned out...
Everything else becomes a shadow compared to His light...
I bask in silence...
I rest in still waters...
As He quiets me with His love.