Sunday, July 16, 2006

the secret place

i find myself once again
in the secret place
consumed in His presence
wrapped in His embrace

as I lay there to rest
i feel it in my soul
time suddenly stands still
and everything is made whole

all my worries washed away
the peace that comes from above
is lavishly poured down on me
and I feel His endless love

i worship Him with all that I am
i am amazed with His grace
the King of all the universe
i stand with face to face

the same hands that shaped the mountains
now holds my hand to guide me
the same voice that calmed the storm
now comforts & pacifies me

i thank Him for all He's done
and all He's going to do
and i say in my heart
no one else compares to You

only in the secret place
is where i can be sure
that no matter what the obstacles
by His strength I can endure

- written by:
Songs of Solomon 1:4 "Take me away with you—let us hurry! Let the King bring me into His chambers."

Psalm 91:1 "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty"

Songs of Solomon 2:4-10
"He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love...Strengthen me, refresh me... for I am faint with love...His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me....Listen! My lover! Look! Here he comes, leaping across the mountains, bounding over the hills....My lover spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me...the rains are over and gone....Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come...The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling See! The winter is past; my beautiful one, come with me."